- Posted by DynamicHedge
- on October 31st, 2011
Despite today’s selling, October closes out the month with a 10.77% gain. This is a still a massive move from a historical perspective. It marks the largest rally since December 1991, although as of Friday we were on track for the best month since 1974.
Below is a monthly chart of the $SPX:
Disclaimer: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please click here for a full disclaimer.
DynamicHedge is an equities, futures and derivatives trader based on the West Coast. He runs a long/short opportunistic relative-value strategy within a proprietary trading group. More
- Market Cap Arbitrage: SPY vs IWM
- How to Deal with High Frequency Nowcast Economic Data
- An Almost Impossible VXX Rally
- 4 Misconceptions about Dow Theory
- Gap Personality: When to Chase and When to Hold Off
- Sophisticated versus Effective
- Three Month Consolidation Break
- Efficient Markets Believe In Trends
- Marketview: Lost Steam
- Undiscountable Trends: Live Event Interaction