- Posted by DynamicHedge
- on October 31st, 2011
Despite today’s selling, October closes out the month with a 10.77% gain. This is a still a massive move from a historical perspective. It marks the largest rally since December 1991, although as of Friday we were on track for the best month since 1974.
Below is a monthly chart of the $SPX:
Disclaimer: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please click here for a full disclaimer.
DynamicHedge is an equities, futures and derivatives trader based on the West Coast. He runs a long/short opportunistic relative-value strategy within a proprietary trading group. More
- Confirmation bias: A dependable filter of objective information
- Conservatism Bias: How to know what new information to focus on
- Sentiment Flip
- Pardon the interruption
- Wait for the market to flex
- How SPY typically trades after a gap up/down on NFP report
- Ebay Monster Gaps
- Ghosts of Death Cross Past
- Yahoo Strategy Ahead of Alibaba IPO
- 3 Important Things To Watch For At 52-week Highs