Historical Precendent: Fourth Quarter Nonfarm Payrolls ES_F, SPY, SPX
- Posted by DynamicHedge
- on October 31st, 2011
Here are some select examples of weeks in the fourth quarter where Nonfarm Payrolls are released. These were selected by our algo as loosely similar to the situation we’re currently in. As you can see, the general trend is higher. Key takeaway: watch the direction on Wednesday, taking out Tuesday’s range can be the tell for a reversal on the week.
The last Nonfarm payrolls week (October 4 – 7, 2011) pivoted the market and led to a run of over 20%. In my opinion this is the single most gamed economic release in the US markets. Anything can happen, but I’m looking for a pullback and then weekly highs made into the Friday report. We’ll see where we go from there.
October 3 – 7. 2011:
November 29 – December 3, 2010:
October 4 – 8, 2010:
November 2 – 6, 2009:
December 1 – 5, 2008:
November 3 – 7, 2008:
December 3 – 7, 2007:
Disclaimer: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please click here for a full disclaimer.
DynamicHedge is an equities, futures and derivatives trader based on the West Coast. He runs a long/short opportunistic relative-value strategy within a proprietary trading group. More
- Marketview: Liquidity Needs
- Howard Marks: The Race is On
- New Signal in AMAZON Noise
- Marketview: Momentum Continues
- Marketview: A Quick Look at Trends
- Marketview: Bull Market Basking in the Sunlight
- SPY Down 1%: Quantified Emotion
- Marketview: No Fun Market
- FOMC Meeting Announcement Precedents
- Breadth Participation by Market Cap