FOMC Meeting Announcement Precedents
- Posted by DynamicHedge
- on October 24th, 2012
Below are three trading patterns that our pattern recognition algorithm pulled from our historical database.
These represent the most dominant patterns from the last 5 years of FOMC announcement sessions where the market opened with a gap higher (of 0.3% or more).
Curve 1 represents the most dominant pattern, curve 2 and curve 3 represent less dominant patterns.
Note the crescendo of activity 30-40 minutes after the announcement across all curves.
Disclaimer: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please click here for a full disclaimer.
DynamicHedge is an equities, futures and derivatives trader based on the West Coast. He runs a long/short opportunistic relative-value strategy within a proprietary trading group. More
- 3 Important Things To Watch For At 52-week Highs
- Big Down Days: A Lesson from Recent History
- Market Cap Arbitrage: SPY vs IWM
- How to Deal with High Frequency Nowcast Economic Data
- An Almost Impossible VXX Rally
- 4 Misconceptions about Dow Theory
- Gap Personality: When to Chase and When to Hold Off
- Sophisticated versus Effective
- Three Month Consolidation Break
- Efficient Markets Believe In Trends