FOMC Meeting Announcement Precedents
- Posted by DynamicHedge
- on October 24th, 2012
Below are three trading patterns that our pattern recognition algorithm pulled from our historical database.
These represent the most dominant patterns from the last 5 years of FOMC announcement sessions where the market opened with a gap higher (of 0.3% or more).
Curve 1 represents the most dominant pattern, curve 2 and curve 3 represent less dominant patterns.
Note the crescendo of activity 30-40 minutes after the announcement across all curves.
Disclaimer: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please click here for a full disclaimer.
DynamicHedge is an equities, futures and derivatives trader based on the West Coast. He runs a long/short opportunistic relative-value strategy within a proprietary trading group. More
- Marketview: Liquidity Needs
- Howard Marks: The Race is On
- New Signal in AMAZON Noise
- Marketview: Momentum Continues
- Marketview: A Quick Look at Trends
- Marketview: Bull Market Basking in the Sunlight
- SPY Down 1%: Quantified Emotion
- Marketview: No Fun Market
- FOMC Meeting Announcement Precedents
- Breadth Participation by Market Cap