- Posted by DynamicHedge
- on February 24th, 2013
The last time the MAMOx indicator turned was in the second week of December prior to the bull run. After two months of bullish skew the MAMOx still favors the long side, but I’ve noted that momentum has started to wane in the last couple weeks.
If this tool gives provides traders and investors one thing, it’s patience. At this stage, the bull market trend is still innocent until proven guilty. Proactively protecting gains after such a long run is important. Price action over the next week or two will be critical.
For anyone who has not followed this indicator, the blue line above the zero line is bullish, below is bearish.
See also: MAMOx Year In Review for some historical perspective.
Disclaimer: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please click here for a full disclaimer.
DynamicHedge is an equities, futures and derivatives trader based on the West Coast. He runs a long/short opportunistic relative-value strategy within a proprietary trading group. More
- Howard Marks: The Race is On
- New Signal in AMAZON Noise
- Marketview: Momentum Continues
- Marketview: A Quick Look at Trends
- Marketview: Bull Market Basking in the Sunlight
- SPY Down 1%: Quantified Emotion
- Marketview: No Fun Market
- FOMC Meeting Announcement Precedents
- Breadth Participation by Market Cap
- Marketview: Ripening Consensus